Your Perfect Home from Home
High quality Gold Award winning 4 star-rated family holiday cottage, with excellent facilities for all of the family to enjoy including a games room, a private covered swimming pool and childrens play equipment including a trampoline, all within easy reach of the magical Forest of Dean.
Searching for a high quality family-cottage in Gloucestershire? Read on to find out more about Viney Hill Holiday Home. Sleeping up to 17 people with 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms, this impressive property offers plenty of space for groups of friends or family. What’s more, this high quality 4 star rated holiday cottage also benefits from some fantastic facilities which include a games room with pool table and table football, a private covered heated swimming pool and children’s play equipment including a trampoline. Sorry no hen parties, stag parties or same sex groups. With the Forest of Dean within easy reach, this could be a fantastic base from which to discover some of the best of Gloucestershire.
sky tv / dvd
Situated near to the spectacular Forest of Dean and the tranquil River Severn, Lydney not only has a rich history to boast but also offers an impressive range of luxury self-catered accommodation. With a range of shops, leisure centres and sports facilities in the local area, as well as great transport links and the Dean Forest Railway, the area has become a popular tourist destination for families looking to spend weekends away or for longer breaks.
Places to Visit
- Take in the magical setting of the Forest of Dean by spending a day walking, cycling or even horse-riding around this famous area. Greenway routes located in the forest help to link a series of local towns in a convenient way for tourists so as to avoid getting completely lost!
- Alternatively, get lost in the vast, stunning landscapes of the Forests Wye Valley AONB. This area is made up of woodlands, rivers, ancient ruins and meadows and is the ideal balance between peaceful and impacting.
- See what is on offer at Taurus Crafts. There is plenty to do here, from chocolate-making (and eatig) to farm shops sales of local produce (including local boar) and even a small garden centre complete with a crazy golf course, which will ensure that the day spent here flies by.
Things to Do
- Conquer the Go Ape activity course at the Forest of Dean. Take to the trees and spend an exhilarating family day out at the Forests Go Ape centre.
- Come aboard the Dean Forest Railway. This popular attraction is a spectacle in itself, boasting many original, and well kept steam engine trains. Visitors are given the chance to come aboard one of these impressive machines and be transported through the stunning landscapes and backdrops of the forest.
Lydney is full of character and is set within a wonderfully tranquil part of the UK, making it perfect for a self catering holiday and, with Cottage Gems' wide selection of luxury self-catering homes in and around the area, there is sure to be something to keep the whole family happy.
More about luxury holidays in Gloucestershire
A superb region of England; found in the south west and consisting of one of the most popular areas to visit in the UK, the Cotswolds. The county also boasts the stunning Forest of Dean, the wonderful city of Gloucester and the beautiful town of Cheltenham. Take a trip into the big city and experience Gloucester Cathedral, the inspiring Gloucester Docks and many more fascinating and intriguing historical and architectural gems. For lovers of the great outdoors why not take stroll through the ancient and breathtaking forest of Dean or peddle through the designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that is the Cotswolds. One of the most splendid regions in England, the Cotswolds is bursting with character and charm from the honey coloured stone buildings to the rolling grasslands. A true natural luxury that should only be enjoyed from the comfort of a luxurious, top rated cottage nestled in the Gloucestershire countryside. Why not spend your holiday not only amongst some of the best countryside in England but in one of the best cottages and search for a 5 star rated Luxury properties.