Looking to stay in self-catering accommodation in a charming Somerset village in the heart of the Blackmoor Vale? Templecombe could be the right choice for you. The village is surrounded by stunning countryside and you and your family will be treated to some memorable views of the area during your stay. Located near to the border of Dorset, Templecombe is also a great base from which to explore and visit local towns and villages such as Yeovil, Wincanton and Sherborne. Cottage Gems aims to offer a great choice of premium self-catering accommodation in and around the area so that you can enjoy exploring this wonderful part of Somerset and surrounding areas.
Places to Visit
- A car fanatic’s paradise, Haynes International Motor Museum is a great day out for car lovers and families alike. There is so much to see and do at this amazing museum, from interactive exhibits to a lovely onsite cafe, and the museum itself appears modern and well-kept.
- Be submerged in history at Sherborne Abbey. This stunning abbey has a history that stretches back over one thousand years and is full of beauty, it is well worth visiting.
- Stunning, tranquil and unforgettable, Stourhead House and Garden is held in very high regard. This National Trust attraction is considered one of the loveliest and best-kept gardens anywhere in the UK. This is a great day out for couples and families alike and, from walking trails to picnic areas, there is plenty to see and do to keep everyone happy and entertained.
- Children and train enthusiasts alike are sure to love Gartell Light Railway. This excellent attraction offers visitors the chance to board and ride a functioning steam train. Guests are transported through a small section of the Somerset and Dorset Railway via a narrow gauge train.
Things to Do
- Visit nearby towns and village such as Sherborne. Each town is full of character, as well as things to see and do.
- Popular seaside resort Bournemouth is just over a one hour drive and is an excellent way to spend a fun-filled family day out, especially when it is sunny.
Templecombe is in a great location for those seeking out luxury self-catering accommodation in a tranquil, secluded setting that is also near to a great range of attractions and local villages and towns. Whether it’s a family holiday, romantic getaway or even a holiday with friends, Templecombe is sure to provide you with fond holiday memories.