Cottage Gems has a range of luxury accommodation on offer in the charming city of Lincoln. Filled with character, the Lincoln area has properties ranging from log cabins to lighthouses and also boasts a selection of attractions and things to do to make this a fantastic getaway destination. The city combines history with beauty in a way that give it a distinctive and special feel.
Places to Visit
- The Gothic Lincoln Cathedral is an imposing and dramatic structure that is full of history. It is an essential stop.
- Those seeking out a tranquil and relaxing holiday experience need look no further than Lincolns’ Whisby Nature Reserve. Filled with wildlife and and home to the Natural World Visitor Centre, the Reserve is a site to behold.
- Be amazed by the staggering history of the Lincoln Castle. Built in 1068 by William the Conqueror, and home to one of four surviving copies of the Magna Carta, the castle is awe-inspiring and a memorable stop for anyone staying in the area.
- The Fens lies remarkably close to sea level, to the point that it is said to have been reclaimed from the sea. The views and wildlife of the Fens make it clear why it has become a staple attraction of the area.
- The breathtaking Wolds offers up some unforgettable country landscapes. The area is far more elevated and uneven than the equally impressive Fens- making it an ideal and distinctive alternative.
Things to Do
- Off Limits Events Centre (Spruce Lodge) offers a range of fun filled activities- from Segway Safari’s and Quad Biking to archery and shooting. Set against stunning backdrops, the centre makes for a great day out for all the family.
- With Lincoln been the home of Golf there are plenty of courses to choose from and no better place for a friendly- or competitive- round of golf. The National Golf Centre, Seacroft and Belton Park are among the most renowned.
- Take the family to the Bransby Horse Rescue Centre. The centre is just a short drive from Lincoln and is home to more than 350 horses and ponies waiting to be met.
- Bring history to life with the Lincoln Roman Trail. A pleasant walk, rich with history- the trial makes for a great day out.
- Walk down ‘Britain’s Greatest Street 2012.’ Step Hill is appropriately named so- the road connects downhill and uphill Lincoln in dramatic fashion.
Take a look at what self-catering holiday homes Cottage Gems has in the wonderful city of lincoln. With so much to do and see, you and your loved ones are sure to have an unfogettable and special holiday.