London could be an amazing place to take a luxury self-catering city break. London is a city with a wealth of world class attractions. Those with a love of the arts, theatre and culture should really enjoy a break in London. A stay in this fascinating city will also best suit those who are looking to experience London’s nightlife.
London’s Attractions include:
- Shows: London is one of the best places in the world to see a musical show. Long running favourites include Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. As a world class city, London doesn’t just limit itself to musical theatre and offers opera, ballet and plays. Those with a fascination for the works of William Shakespeare should head to the Globe Theatre which specialises in Shakespeare.
- Art Galleries: London has a great selection of art galleries. The National Portrait Gallery is probably one of the best known and is located in central London. Entrance is free.
- Museums: London offers an excellent range of museums including the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. One of the best is the British Museum which has an extensive collection of ancient artefacts and world class collections.
- Other Attractions: London offers an amazing array of attractions, some likely to appeal to families include Madame Tussauds, a museum of life size wax figures of famous celebrities, the IMAX where various 3D movies are shown and the London Dungeon where the focus is on gore and the city’s bloody history.
For more things to do, how about a boat trip along the Thames or a walk by the impressive Houses of Parliament at Westminster? If you enjoy exploring on foot, then you may want to book on one of the many guided walking tours of London that are available.
Top Attractions in London Not to Miss include:
- The London Eye – for an unbeatable view of the city on high, some think that a trip on the London Eye is best enjoyed at night when you can watch the city’s sparkling lights.
- Tower of London – visit the Jewel House and see the Crown Jewels or take a Yeoman Warder guided tour and learn about this fascinating historical Tower.
- Musical Theatre Shows – for some of the best entertainment.
- Buckingham Palace – this impressive palace continues to draw in the crowds who gape at its splendour from the gates or visit the state rooms to get a little closer.
London offers so much to see and do that your main challenge may be prioritising how to spend your time. It is recommend that you do full research on the city’s attractions before heading off to London, you will get so much more out of your visit that way. For more information on what makes London so special see our guide to London for luxury self-catering breaks.