The county town of Haverfordwest is situated on the banks of the River Cleddau and is a part of the stunning Pembrokeshire Coast National Park (which is the UK’s most popular national park). The town is attractive, charming and rich with history and is also just 6 miles from Broad Haven. The great scenery of the area and the tranquil atmosphere of the town have helped to establish Haverfordwest as a popular destination choice for Cottage Gems users seeking out luxurious self-catering accommodation.
Places to Visit
- The impressive St David’s Cathedral lies near to Haverfordwest and, having stood in place for the past 1500 years, boasts an impressive history. Guided tours of the building are available or people are free to walk around at their leisure and investigate the many artefacts and decorations displayed.
- The kids are sure to love the amazing Pembrokeshire Falconry. This top attraction is considered to be among the best that Pembrokeshire has to offer. It is unique, fun and fascinating; you and your family are offered the chance to get up close with Owls, Hawks and more as you watch and learn how these magical creatures take to the skies.
- The enchanting Picton Castle is set against truly outstanding backdrops and lies on the grounds of a beautifully maintained garden. But that is not all the castle offers: for the explorative type, the garden boasts its own maze and adventure area for children and there is even a lawn mower museum! Guided tours of the castle and grounds are also available. The grounds are ideal for a family picnic and well worth a visit.
Things to do
- Take the kids to Druidston Haven Beach for a splash in the water, or enjoy some time with your partner soaking in some sunshine. There are a number of alternative beaches in the area. Some of these beaches, such as Druidston Haven and Little Haven beach allow dogs all year round, ideal for Cottage Gems bookings for pet-friendly accommodation.
- Enjoy the wide selection of independently owned cafes and shops in offer in the town, many of which sell locally sources goods for you to try.
This wonderful town could well be the perfect place for your family get away, with so much on offer and fantastic positioning to the coast, Haverfordwest acts as an ideal base from which you and your loved ones can really make the most of your time in Pembrokeshire. Take a look at what self-catering accommodation Cottage Gems has in the area and you could find yourself enjoying the vast offerings of the area.