This page provides you with guides and information for visiting the popular tourist destinations in Wales. Wales is home to three National Parks which offer areas of stunning natural beauty, there are also a number of popular cities and towns across Wales. Browse below to view the guides we offer, use the information to help you find the perfect location for your luxury self catering holiday.
Inspiration and Guides on Popular Places in Wales for Luxury Cottage Holidays
Wales is a country popular for self catering holidays. Certain parts of Wales offer the chance to get away from it all which can be appealing. Some of the most popular regions in Wales are the National Parks.
- Snowdonia - It is a little known fact that Snowdonia covers both mountainous and coastal regions. Many head for Snowdonia for the hiking and mountaineering or if you take the train up Mount Snowdon, for the relaxing journey and views! Snowdonia also covers picturesque coastal areas if you are looking to spend some time by the seaside.
- Brecon Beacons - the Brecon Beacons are known for offering stunning mountain and valley views. There are also a number of waterfalls, adding to the appeal of this national park. Many like to holiday in the Brecon Beacons to enjoy the beautiful natural beauty of this part of Wales and for the outdoor activities that are on offer here.
- Pembrokeshire Coast- Pembrokeshire is the only coastal National Park in the UK and boasts stunning scenery and long stretches of sandy beaches.
Top Visitor Attractions in Wales:
- Snowdon- The highest mountain in Wales is found within the Snowdonia National Park and is very popular amongst hikers, wildlife-watchers and nature lovers.
- Barry- This coastal town is found south-west of Cardiff and is known for its seaside resort, Barry Island, which offers a wonderful sandy beach and an amusement park.
- Offa’s Dyke Path- This long distance footpath along the border with England and attracts walkers and hikers from all over the world.
- Caerphilly Castle- A stunning castle that provides a great day out for the family. The castle is spread over 30 acres and is one of the largest fortresses in the UK.